City Clerk

The Clerk's Office of the City of South Haven is often referred to as the "Keeper of the Records". It is the responsibility of the Clerk's Office to act as the custodian of all papers, documents, and bonds pertaining to other officers and employees of the City as well as records pertaining to the City.

The Clerk's Office ensures the publication notices of ordinances, resolutions, public hearings, voter registration, and meetings. The Clerk's Office prepares City Council agenda packets and attends all City Council meetings recording permanent minutes of the meeting.

The Clerk serves as the chairperson of the Election Commission conducting all aspects of elections. The Clerk's Office is the contact for business licenses and registrations.

The Clerk manages vendor licenses and business licenses. For more information on these items, click on links at left.