Beach Parking Program
The South Haven Beach Parking Program is administered by South Haven Police Department and is responsible for the following parking enforcement:
- Paid parking at city beaches (enforced May 15th to September 15th between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
- Sticker-only beach parking areas, including overnight parking
- Enforcement of miscellaneous parking ordinances, including the prohibition of trailers/RVs, parking on sidewalks or on hash lines, motor vehicles on the beach, etc.
- North Beach "Triangle" area (no overnight parking allowed on Lakeshore Drive)
- Chicago Ave. Parking Lot
- Posted streets in the Monroe subdivision
- Daily parking fee: $10.00 per trip, payable at electronic boxes near beach parking areas
- Weekly parking passes: $30.00 per week.
- Multi-Year stickers: $80.00
Both weekly and yearly passes/stickers allow parking paid-parking areas as well as sticker-only lots/streets. Passes/stickers are available for purchase at City Hall, Police Department, or from Beach Parking attendants.
Multi-Year stickers must be permanently affixed to the vehicle assigned and placed in accordance with instructions included on the sticker.
Please note: The DNR Recreation Passport is not applicable to any areas that require a city parking fee/pass.
Failure to pay parking fee results in a ticket issued with fines set at $20.00 if paid within 7 days.
Tickets left unpaid will increase to $40.00 after 7 days.
Tickets left unpaid will increase to $60.00 after 60 days.
Vehicles in "No Parking" areas will be towed at owner’s expense.
Free Beach Parking Sticker Program
City of South Haven property owners and residents are eligible to receive a maximum of two free beach parking stickers as follows:
- In the first year of the parking sticker period, stickers will be mailed to all residential improved property owners, which includes boat slips. All mailings will use the address where property tax bills are mailed.
- Vacant, commercial, and industrial property owners who do not own any other type of property, and non-property owning residents are eligible for parking stickers which may be requested at Customer Service at City Hall.
An appeal process has been created to address any issues that may arise from the new parking sticker distribution policy. A simple application will be available at City Hall or through the Department Links on this page. City staff will make every effort to prepare a response as soon as possible but not more than 10 days. Examples of an appeal may be replacement due to new or damaged vehicles; new owners or residents to the City; or unreceived mail.